|Due to current CDC guidelines regarding COVID-19, and our care and concern for our cancer survivors and community, we have decided to make the 5th Annual Step Up for Stefanie’s Champions a virtual event in 2020. Some pieces of our event will remain the same:
1) Four Stefanie’s Champions will be celebrated and recognized.
2) All participants will receive their commemorative medal.
3) Two participation levels will be available – 1 mile walk or 4 mile walk/run.
These pieces will change:
Registration pricing: $20 per participant
If you have already registered, you’ll have three options:
1) Keep your $36 registration price (there will be a $5 benefit, so your donation
2) Apply the difference between your $36 registration price and the new $20
3) Request a complete refund if you prefer not to participate, or request a refund
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your decision.
Rolling participation window
You can choose to walk or run 1-mile or 4-miles at your own pace any time between June 6 and July 5. A link will be provided where you can record your time and participation. When it is safe to do so, your participation medal will be sent to you, provided your time/distance has been recorded.
*Please follow social distancing guidelines. Do not walk/run in groups. Please keep the recommended 6 feet of space between you at all times when meeting someone who is not in your household.
Let’s get social!
Please post photos or video of your participation with the hashtag #stefschampions.
Celebrate your milestones!
Celebrate our 5th Anniversary of the walk/run by sharing your milestone celebrations on our Step Up for Stefanie’s Champions Facebook event page.
Although we are in the middle of a global pandemic, the mission of the Stefanie Spielman Fund for Breast Cancer Research remains the same. Although we won’t be together in person, we will be together in spirit. As always, proceeds from the walk/run will benefit the Spielman Fund at Ohio State’s Comprehensive Cancer Center – James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute.
For more information or to register, visit go.osu.edu/stepup