Welcome to the Central Ohio Corporate Triathlon Series, a fantastic fun event to build camaraderie and challenge your colleagues to take their health and well-being to another level.
If you’ve never done a triathlon before, this event is a great introduction to the sport as the distances are set at a beginner level and caters to all fitness types. More importantly, it’s all about creating excitement around the office in the lead up and having a heap of fun on event day.
About the Series
Triathlon is a comprised of a swim, bike and run challenge. There are several options to participate from completing all three legs (swim, bike, run) of the triathlon as an individual or gather 3 co-workers with one co-worker swimming, another biking, and the third co-worker running.
The series consists of 3 triathlon events June – July. The events and distances:
- June 10: Central Ohio Triathlon Challenge – Alum Creek State Park; Distance: 400 yard swim, 14 mile bike, and 2 mile run
- July 1: Ohio Super Sprint Triathlon Challenge – Alum Creek State Park; Distance: 200 yard swim, 6 mile bike, and 1 mile run
- July 21: Ohio State’s TriFit Challenge Triathlon – Antrim Park to Ohio Stadium; Distance: 400 yard swim, 14 mile bike, and 2 mile run.
What’s it all about?
At the end of the day it’s all about having a fun day out with your co-workers, while at the same time achieving a fantastic and very rewarding challenge. We realize that triathlon can be an imposing event if you’re new to the sport, however please rest assured that we are there with you the whole way from training to your safety and well-being on event day.
Completing a triathlon is one of the most satisfying things you will ever do. Supported by your co-workers, team members and friends, you’ll be unable to contain your smile as you cross the finish line.
There are 3 options for teams to participate in the Series:
- The MAIN event (Teams of 3) – Here each team member will complete a full triathlon. A transponder attached to the ankle of each team member captures the team member’s time for each leg with the time ending once the course has been completed, with the team member running across the finish line. Each team member will receive their own result which will combine with other team members for a total team time. Teams are mixed gender.
- The RELAY event (Teams of 2 or 3) – Here you and your teammates will divide up a triathlon, with each person completing either the swim, the bike leg or the run to combine for a single time. In this event one person can do two legs if they choose. Teams are mixed gender.
- The SOLE Proprietor event (Individual division) – Here you compete as an individual against all other individuals by gender in the division. You will complete all three legs of the triathlon.
One of the best parts about this event is getting together after the race, having a meal, sharing your stories and celebrating your finish and experience with your team members, other company teams and all other participants. Additionally, it is great way to market your company, its culture and show your community spirit.
- Represent your company, club and team
- Participants will race one another from other teams
- Points awarded by finish in each of the 3 divisions:
- Place 1 – 10 (50 points descending from 1st – 10th place, increments of 5)
- Place 10+ = 5 points for finish
- Top 3 Teams in series will receive a commemorative award to display proudly in the corporate showcase and each team member will receive an individual award to display at their desk.
- Each team who signs up for the series will receive special training shirts and a water bottle.
- Each team member receives the same amenities as all other event participant finishers (swag bag, event shirt, finisher’s medal).
- Deadline to enter series: June 2, 2018